Skype adalah software gratis yang memungkinkan Anda untuk memanggil, lihat, Olahpesan dan sharing dengan orang lain - di mana pun mereka berada. Jika Anda memiliki webcam, komputer atau perangkat mobile dengan mikrofon dan speaker atau headset terpasang dan koneksi internet; Anda dapat melakukan melihat Anda. Tetap terhubung di rumah, di tempat kerja atau di mana saja - Skype tersedia pada komputer Anda, ponsel, tablet, TV dan bahkan dari telepon rumah Anda.
• Free unlimited worldwide phone calls to anyone else on Skype, anywhere in the world
• Skype video (webcam), see who you are talking to with free video calls
• Chat with up to 100 people in group chats
• Superior sound quality – better than your regular phone
• Your calls are encrypted “end-to-end” for superior privacy
• Friends list shows you when your Skype friends are online and ready to talk or chat
• Works with all firewall, NAT and routers – nothing to configure!
• Super-simple and easy to use
• Based on cutting edge peer-to-peer technology developed by the creators of Kazaa and Joltid In order to use Skype for Windows software.
• SkypeOut– You can call a real phone number from Skype. This is not free like Skype to Skype calls but is cheaper than what the call would normally cost.
• SkypeIn – For people to be able to call your Skype account from a phone, you need a SkypeIn number to give to them. Receiving calls from phones doesn’t cost you anything but will charge the caller the same rate as if they were calling a real phone.
• Video calls – You can make video calls for free using Skype. This enables you to see the person you are talking to and for them to see you too.
• Conference calls – You and 24 other people can engage in a conference call using Skype. This makes having group discussions with staff that are located in various parts of the world much easier.
• File Sharing – You can easily send files over Skype to any of your Skype contacts. There are no size limits for the file, which is a benefit over email restrictions. For security reasons, before the file transfer can begin, the recipient has to approve the transfer, thus the person has to be online for the file transfer to take place.
• Instant messaging – In addition to talking with your Skype contacts, you can type messages to them while you are having a voice conversation or if you cannot talk to them at a particular moment.
• Text messaging – You can use Skype to send text messages to any cell phone in the world. The rates vary but are generally cheaper than what a text message usually costs.
• Voicemail – If you want people to be able to leave you voice messages while you are on another call or offline.